- Bring your car in at your pre-arranged appointment time.
- We’ll take the keys and drive it up on ramps.
- Our experienced volunteers will change your oil for you.
- They’ll also do a basic check of tire pressure and fluid levels and let you know if there are any concerns.
- We’ll finish off with a fresh wash before returning the keys to you.
2060 Upper James Street | Hamilton, ON
—Appointments will be made between 10 am and 2 pm.—
THIS IS NOT A DROP-IN EVENT.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
How Long Will it Take?
- Your appointment should take no more than 45 minutes.
What Can I Do While I Wait?
- We’ll have chairs set up for you to relax on with any family members who accompany you.
- Some drinks and goodies will be available for you to enjoy while you wait.
COVID-19 IMPLICATIONS & PROTOCOLS… Please read!
The health and safety of you, your family, and our volunteers is very important to us.
- Please bring a face covering/mask for yourself and any family members in case you need to go inside the building to use our washroom facilities.
- Physical distancing measures will be implemented in the outdoor waiting area.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided onsite.
Please note that in order to provide this service, our volunteers will need to access the inside of your car. This includes a volunteer driver who will move your car between stations. All those accessing your car’s interior will wear masks. As a final step before you leave, the high contact points of your car will be disinfected (door handles, steering wheel, and your keys).
What Information is Needed to Register?
So that we can order the proper oil filter for your car in advance of the event, when you register you will need to provide your car’s year, make, model, and vehicle identification number (VIN).
How Do I Find My VIN?
Every vehicle made has a unique 17-digit number known as a Vehicle Identification Number, or VIN. Unlike your Social Insurance Number (SIN) there is no harm in sharing your VIN, in fact, it can typically be accessed by anyone standing near your vehicle.
To find your VIN, either check your insurance pink slip, or stand outside your vehicle on the driver’s side and look at the corner of the dashboard where it meets the windshield. If the VIN cannot be found there, open the driver’s side door and look at the door post (where the door latches when it is closed).
Step 2. Receive an Appointment Time From Us
After you register, we will contact you by email/phone to let you know what appointment time you have been allocated. (Expect to hear from us within 1–2 business days.)
- In an effort to reduce no-shows, we will require you to confirm your plans to attend approximately one-two weeks prior to the event. We will contact you by phone/email to confirm, but if we cannot reach you and/or you do not respond, your appointment will be forfeited to an individual on our waitlist.
- You will be required to sign a liability release when you arrive. We recommend that you view it in advance by clicking here.
OIL FILTER SPONSOR
HD DISCOUNT AUTO PARTS
Although most of our community programs have been stymied due to the pandemic, at least one outdoor event has been…
While 2020 has seen its share of turmoil and uncertainty, there are still pockets of hope to be found. On…
It’s Sunday. Eager volunteers gather on an overcast June morning. Some carry hoses, buckets, and sponges; others lug cases of…