COVID-19: in-person events & activities are cancelled until further notice. Online services are available.
Really Living Kids is designed for children aged 4 to 10. Your child must be toilet-trained and capable of using the bathroom without assistance.
Really Living Kids is held most Saturdays. Typically, it does not happen on the first Saturday of each month, but the schedule varies from time-to-time, so please check our calendar regularly.
The start time is 11:30 am and the program typically wraps up around 12:30 pm.
We take great precaution with your child’s safety and this is why all of our volunteers 18 years and older must provide a Police Vulnerable Sector Check. The children & youth wing of our church is a secure area, with a monitored entrance during children’s programs.
Our check-in system allows volunteers to easily know if children have allergies, if it’s their birthdays, and exactly which guardians are allowed to pick up each child. This system facilitates communication between volunteers and parents and keeps all important information safe and accessible only for those who need it.
You are most welcome to stay and enjoy the service for adults in the auditorium if you wish, however you are not obligated to stay and can leave your child with us until pick up time, at 12:30 pm.
If you do choose to stay and and enjoy the worship service in the auditorium, please note that it starts at 11 am. The first half-hour is designed for all ages, so you would keep your children with you for the music portion. At 11:30 am, just prior to the sermon, a slide is put up on the screen indicating it’s time for the kids to head to their program.
At Really Living, we use KidCheck, touted as the best and safest children’s check-in system on the market. Once you have a KidCheck account, you can check your children in at any location using KidCheck, without the need to re-register.
ONE TIME PROCESS: REGISTRATION
Each child attending Really Living Kids needs to be registered before their first attendance. Registration takes about five minutes to complete and can be done on your phone or computer, or you can use one of our kiosks at the Really Living Centre.
1. Create Account
- Visit https://go.kidcheck.com or download the KidCheck app on a mobile device.
- Select the link to Create Your KidCheck Account.
- Enter your phone and email address.
- Begin typing then select “Really Living Centre” under Where will you use KidCheck.
- Complete the remaining required info, then click Register.
2. Add Child(ren)
- Under My Account click on the Kids tab and select Add a New Child.
- Complete the required info and Save Changes.
3. Add Additional Guardian(s) if Needed
- You are automatically set up to be a guardian to any children on your account. If there are other guardians who will be checking your children out from our program, click on the Guardians tab and select Add a New Guardian.
- Complete the required info and Save Changes.
WEEKLY PROCESS: CHECK-IN
Each time your child attends Really Living Kids, simply check them in at one of our tablet kiosks at the entrance to the children’s wing using your 10-digit phone number. You will print two labels with a matching code: one for your child (it goes on their back) and one for you.
- You can print your check-in labels as early as 10:50 am each week, however entrance to the program (i.e., the children’s wing) does not happen until the scheduled start at 11:30 am.
- Arriving late? Your child can be checked-in to the program only until noon. After that time, no additional children can join the program.
WEEKLY PROCESS: CHECK-OUT
Please come to the entrance to the children’s wing each week by 12:30 pm (for those dropping your children off), or whenever the main adult service ends if you are staying at the church. You will be matched up with your child(ren) using the label and code you printed earlier.
Attendance is on a drop-in basis. We hope your child will have so much fun that they will want to come back every week! However, if you can’t make it on certain weeks, you do not need to let us know in advance.
Definitely not. While most of our members’ children do attend Really Living Kids, our desire is for this program to be a community event that all are welcome to attend, much like a Vacation Bible Camp. Except this program spreads the fun out year-round!
Your child can wear anything that he or she is comfortable in for active play. You may notice in our video and pictures that some children are dressed up. In most cases this is because their family chooses to do so for church attendance, however most of our volunteers dress casually and your child will fit right in if he or she does the same.
We are a peanut-free program and will do our best to adapt to other dietary restrictions, once indicated.